Students will apply their knowledge and understanding to different business contexts ranging from small enterprises to large multinationals and businesses operating in local, national and global contexts.
Students will apply their knowledge and understanding to business decision making including:
- the interdependent nature of business activity, influences on business, business operations, finance, marketing and human resources, and how these interdependencies underpin business decision making
- how different business contexts affect business decisions
- the use and limitation of quantitative and qualitative data in making business decisions.
The specification requires students to draw on the knowledge and understanding to:
- use business terminology to identify and explain business activity
- apply business concepts to familiar and unfamiliar contexts
- develop problem solving and decision making skills relevant to business
- investigate, analyse and evaluate business opportunities and issues
- make justified decisions using both qualitative and quantitative data including its selection, interpretation, analysis and evaluation, and the application of appropriate quantitative skills.
Influences of operations and HRM
on business activity
Influences of marketing and finance on business activity
Paper 1- 1 hour 45 min paper- 50% of GCSE
Paper 2- 1 hour 45 min paper- 50% of GCSE
This A-level Business course introduces you to all you need to know about working in business, providing a solid foundation for further study. With a focus on helping you to become a good decision maker, you’ll learn essential managerial skills, alongside techniques to help you become an analytical problem solver. These skills are all highly sought after and valued in a wide range of careers.
Further study and career opportunities-
If you’d like to study business, finance or management at university, A-level Business provides an excellent foundation. The skills you learn are also transferable across a broad range of subjects and careers.
Whatever you choose to do in the future, you’ll find that the things you learn in this course will help. For example, you’ll probably work with lots of different people, so knowledge of motivational theory will help you to work well with others and help them achieve their potential. You might have ambitious plans to start your own business. If that’s the case, you’ll find the marketing and finance topics particularly useful.
1-What is business?
2-Managers, leadership and decision making
3-Decision making to improve marketing performance
4-Decision making to improve operational performance
5-Decision making to improve financial performance
6-Decision making to improve human resource performance
Paper 1- 1 hour 30 min paper- 50% of AS level
Paper 2- 1 hour 30 min paper- 50% of AS level
7-Analysing the strategic position of a business
8-Choosing strategic direction
9-Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
10-Managing strategic change
Paper 1- 2 hour paper- 33.3% of A2 level
Paper 2- 2 hour paper- 33.3% of A2 level
Paper 3- 2 hour paper- 33.3% of A2 level
- Term Dates
- Magazines & Newsletters
- All Subjects
- Community Service
- Clubs & Activities
- The Sixth Form
- The Learning Support Department
- School Lunches