Centenary Celebrations 1914-2014
Thank you to everyone who has joined us for a year of landmark celebrations. In September 2014 our Foundation Day Mass at Westminster Cathedral proved to be an incredibly moving service while October's celebration at the Royal Albert Hall was an unforgettable experience, with music, dance, stand-up comedy and a multitude of special guests, interviews and live performances.
On Saturday 20 June 2015 we rounded off this incredible year of special events with the Vaughan Foundation’s formal dinner, held to both mark the end of the School’s Centenary year and Charles Eynaud’s retirement after 25 years of dedicated, loyal and distinguished service to the Vaughan. This was, again, a spectacular evening, bringing together the Vaughan community while raising money for the Vaughan Foundation and the future of the School.
Miss any of our Centenary Celebrations?
Not to worry. We hope to make as much of these events available to you as possible, so please scroll to the bottom of this page for all that we have available. This page will be regularly updated with new content so please do read, watch, share, download and check back to continue to enjoy two of the greatest events in Cardinal Vaughan’s history.
Available to buy from the school shop:
Available to view and download for free:
- Photos of the Vaughan Foundation Centenary Ball
- Photos of the Thanksgiving Mass for Mr Eynaud
- Photos of the Blessing of the New Centenary Building
- Videos from our Centenary Celebration at the Royal Albert Hall
- Photos of the Foundation Day Mass at Westminster Cathedral
- Photos of the stage and venue at the Royal Albert Hall
- Photos of the rehearsals at the Royal Albert Hall
- Photos of the final performance at the Royal Albert Hall
- Homily by Cardinal Nichols
- The Headmaster’s speech at Foundation Day Mass
- The Headmaster’s speech at the Royal Albert Hall
- Letter from Cardinal Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster
- Letter from the Duke of Norfolk
- A Second Century of Love and Service - Parents' brochure
- A Second Century of Love and Service - Old Vaughanians' brochure
"Cardinal Vaughan School is both steadfast and innovative, a point of real strength in the diocesan network of schools and one willing to play its part, as called for by its motto, in loving and serving fellow Catholic schools in the Diocese. I thank you for this."
- His Eminence Cardinal Nichols
“I don’t think that a venue any smaller would have accommodated the pride that we all felt in the school.”
- Mr Mattar, current parent
Share your pictures and memories of our centenary by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Headmaster’s Vision
- History of the School
- Digital Archive
- Virtual Tour
- Staff List
- Staff Vacancies
- Academy Trust
- Latest GCSE & A-Level Results
- Values, ethos & expectations
- Ofsted Reports
- Pupil Premium
- School Policies
- Centenary Celebrations
- Leadership Lecture Series